Thursday, July 16, 2015

"Jerry"

I learned this morning that my great old friend Jerry Gentry just died. I spent many mornings with Jerry over breakfast at the Golden Skillet and the Golden Corral in Elgin, and I considered him one of my best friends. Even living in China, we kept in touch through phone calls. It seems impossible and unfair that such a gentle, kind, ethical, honest, musical and positive person has left us. His faith was simple and his love for his friends was strong. Jerry loved country music and singing with friends. He even had an album of original country songs that he recorded and gave to people.

I saw Jerry for the last time and took this picture this past summer when I was home. I believe he's in a better place, and this world is definitely a better place because of the positive impact that he made. I regret not seeing him and calling more, and especially not being able to say goodbye. Miss ya and love ya Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment